To find out 'What else is on in South Brent', CLICK HERE (opens up a pdf document, updated since last mail out)
- Hits: 2144
- Hits: 16
The 2019 Poetry competition with the theme 'Dartmoor seasons' had a good number of entries of a high calibre.
The winners were announced at the Folk Day on Saturday 6 July:
1.The winner was ‘On Dartmoor’ by Veronica Aaronson from Ideford
2. Second and highly commended was ‘Shortest day up Stonetor’ by Jenny Osborne from Ideford
3. Third was 'A limerick’ by David Schura
4. A second poem from Jenny Osborne was ‘highly commended
Here are the winning poems:
- Hits: 19
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
After another successful 2018 'Twixt Christmas and New Year Ceilidh', South Brent Folk looks forward another year of bringing the best of folk music to South Brent. Events planned for 2019 include:
- Saturday 30 March 2019: Spring Ceilidh with Spinach for Norman in South Brent Village Hall
- Saturday 6 July 2019: South Brent Folk Day including headline concert appearances by Kathryn Roberts & Sean Lakeman and Granny’s Attic
- Sunday 7 July 2019: South Brent Folk Breakfast Buffet
- Saturday 19 October 2019: Autumn Céilidh with The Mooncoin Ceilidh Band
- Friday 27 December 2019: 'Twixt Christmas and New Year Céilidh' with Buttoned Up
- Hits: 424
Welcome to South Brent Folk.
Based in the Devon village of South Brent on the southern tip of Dartmoor we host folk concerts, a folk festival, workshops, ceilidhs and other events through the year.
Our aim is to promote folk music song and dance in South Brent, providing opportunities for top class folk acts to come to South Brent and be seen and heard by local residents, at the same time attracting folk from outside the village.
For information about events in South Brent see: 'What's on in South Brent'.
For information about events in the South Devon area see: http://hubcast.co.uk/southdevon
- Hits: 3188