Saturday 24 October 2020: Wren Music Folk Festival 2020: Although we cannot gather in person this year, we can still enjoy, share and make music together! Join us for a variety of workshops and concerts from 10am to 10pm. You can choose to join as much of the programme as you like. The festival includes:
- 10.00am-11.15am Workshop for singers with Lucky Moyo
- 11.30am-12.45pm Folk Band Workshop with Paul Sartin
- 1.00pm-2.50pm Sing Around with Paul Wilson & Sarah Owen
- 1.00pm-2.50pm Tune Session with Malcolm Woods & Jon Dyer
- 3.00pm-5.00pm A full afternoon concert by Wren Musicians
- 5.30pm-6.30pm Ale&Cake Takeover
- 7.00pm-9.00pm Full evening concert with Jim Causley, Paul Sartin, Rosa Rebecka
- 9.00pm-10.00pm End of day ’Farewell Folk Club’ Hosted by Marylin Tucker
All workshops are free to attend and will be hosted on Zoom. Full concerts are also free to watch and will be broadcast on YouTube. Plus, we'll be premiering Wren Music’s online community performance of The Cutty Wren. With each singer and player filming themselves in their own home, they come together virtually for this special arrangement. Concerts will be broadcast live on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/wrentec - watch via computer, phone or a smart TV. The full festival programme and details about how to join each session are available on the Facebook Event page. The Wren Music Team looks forward you joining them - see Facebook.
- Hits: 53
- Hits: 294
Welcome to South Brent Folk.
Based in the Devon village of South Brent on the southern tip of Dartmoor we host folk concerts, a folk festival, workshops, ceilidhs and other events through the year.
Our aim is to promote folk music song and dance in South Brent, providing opportunities for top class folk acts to come to South Brent and be seen and heard by local residents, at the same time attracting folk from outside the village.
For information about events in South Brent see: 'What's on in South Brent'.
For information about events in the South Devon area see: http://hubcast.co.uk/southdevon
- Hits: 5172